Daikin R32 First UK Installation
Young Air Conditioning has just completed the first UK installation of a Daikin R32 wall mounted Emura air conditioning system supplied by Daikin UK.
Daikin UK’s D1 Partnership slogan ‘Achieving Greater Success Together’ couldn’t be more appropriate. At Young Air, Malvern we are incredibly proud to be the first Daikin UK customer to install an air conditioning system running on R32 refrigerant gas.
Our original customer brief was to install a home air conditioning system to a first floor bedroom in a barn conversion domestic property. The solution chosen was a Daikin R32 Emura wall mount system FTXJ35LW in matt Crystal White.
The domestic property had been furnished to a very high standard; therefore the Emura’s sleek modern design was well suited to the rooms’ interior. The outdoor condensing unit was mounted at high level because the base of the external wall kicked out. The condensing unit was complimented with matching cream/ivory trunking.
Why can’t we keep using R410a?
The European phase-down of HFCs (fluorinated gases) will see major changes to the HVAC-R industry. The new Regulation (EU) 517/2014 revokes and replaces the existing F-Gas Regulation (EC) 842/2006.
One of the main changes concerns how refrigerant gases are rated. The new EU Regulation rates gases on their Global Warming Potential or GWP.
Why switch to R32 from R410a?
• R32 has a GWP of 675, one third of R410a (2,044)
• R32 is more energy efficient than R410a
• R32 needs a smaller charge. For example an R22 system requiring 1.2kg charge would only need 0.7kg of R32.
• Using R32 allows for more compact equipment. Due to smaller charges of gas the heat exchangers and other components can be smaller allowing for smaller equipment.
• R32 is a single component refrigerant gas, which means it can be easily reused and recycled. Unlike R410a which is a blend.
• R32 operating pressures are similar to R410a
• R32 and R410a systems use the same types of refrigerant oil.
Young Air Conditioning is based in Malvern, Worcestershire and is available to deal with all aspects of air conditioning;
• Single domestic air conditioning systems,
• Commercial multi VRV systems.
If you are considering having an air conditioning system installed, please call or email us today to discuss your individual needs.
01684 575874 or email@example.com
Alternatively visit our website: www.youngair.co.uk